River Marked by Patricia Briggs

Monday, April 25, 2011

River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6)Series: Mercedes Thompson Series, Book 6

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Copyright: 2011

Pages: 326

Rating:  4/5

Review: If Mercy and Adam together is what you're looking for, this book is a very happy present. Almost the entire book is the two of them together.

Mercy and Adam are on honeymoon and there's an ancient monster in the river near their campground - one they'll obviously need to take care of. There they meet some of the locals who help them fight the monster and we get an insight into Mercy's Native American heritage, her father and a whole lotta other people who I'll leave in suspense for now. You'll love Coyote!!

After waiting 5 books for more of Mercy & Adam together, this book gives you just that - but I think in overload. I missed not having the rest of the pack around - Bed, Warren, Samuel, especially no cameo by Bran. I can't believe I'm writing this, but there was just too much of Mercy and Adam and yet not enough to their interaction to make me happy.

"But you better put a shirt on, or your gorgeous self will cause an accident if you go running by the road, and someone sees you."
This different side to Mercy also surprised me. I don't know if I didn't notice it in the previous books but the number of times Mercy kept commenting on Adam's gorgeousness stood out for me in this one. I don't remember her going on about it so much before - but then again I guess being finally mated to someone like Adam would do that to you. 

I like that even with book 6, this series is still so lovely to read. The story flows along smoothly and in what is typical with Briggs' writing, you get immersed into it. This one is a lot more relaxed reading than the previous books. This was my first Briggs book where I took breaks in between and didn’t feel the urge to read the whole thing at one go, and in that I feel a bit disappointed, cause I've come to expect 5 star quality from Briggs. I did expect a whole lot more from River Marked, and while it didn't meet all my expectations, its still a good Mercy Thompson book.

0 comments:


web site traffic stats
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP