It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

Monday, May 10, 2010

This is a weekly Meme run by Sheila @ One Persons Journey through a world of Books. Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.


Read last week:
I managed to finish quite a bit of books last week, and slowly, very very slowly catch up on reviews.

>>  To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker (click for review) Loved this book.

>>  Need by Carrie Jones (click for review) I had great expectations from this one, but something was missing. As a YA, it still is a good book, but maybe I've been pampered by the other great world-building and witty lines out there for this one to make much impact?

>>  Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (review to come) I've been stalling against reading this one, mostly because of the good reviews I've seen out so far. There's such a thing as having too many good books to read and then ending up being confused between the worlds and scenarios and being unable to enjoy the book for all it has to give you. I finally succumbed last night, mostly cause my sister wants me to catch up so I can buy the second book which she's dying to read. Very very promising series this one.

>>  The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole - I'm on the fence with this series. This is a mini story as an intro to the series and it wasn’t very captivating. I might give book 2 a try sometime though.

>>  The Man Within (Breeds, #2) by Lora Leigh - excess of sex aside, Leigh does write good stories. I read the 17th book in this series last year (yes, 17th) and really loved it so figured I should start from the beginning. Good plot, some hot scenes and a HEA. I'm going to pick up the next book hoping its on Sherra and Kane.

>>  Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1) by Lora Leigh - This series is a continuation from Leigh's other series Tempting Seals. No paranormal stuff here, just plain ole hunky Navy Seals. I liked Wild Card, although I did get a bit too sad at times. A supposed dead Nathan Malone comes back as a colder and harder Noah Blake. There's nothing on Nathan in the new man except his love for his wife, who is now in danger. At times I did think Noah needed a book or two thrown at his head for sheer stubbornness and ego. I really did like this book, but if you're planning on picking it up, it will make more sense if you read the tempting seals series first.
Also reviewed:


>>  And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke You need to read this book. The Series is called Girl Bachelors. The heroine is awesome, and the hero is one you want for yourself. No ditzy people and real smart dialogue. What more do you need

  
Reading this week:

>>  The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - I'm so excited about this one, I'm still on page one. Does that make sense? I've read the jacket covers some 20 times so far though. It promises awesomeness.




That’s a whole lotta typing for a Monday morning. And did I actually use the word hunky?
Happy reading everyone. Have a great week ahead.

5 comments:

ReadingRainbow said...

Wow you read a lot. Great job! I am going to try to read at least 4 books this week but we'll see. I personally loved Need but I can see that it has lots of Twilight likeness to it.

Sabrina @ about happy books said...

You read some great books last week.
I haven't heard of the book by Laura Lee Guhrke and will definitely look it up.

Jan von Harz said...

I have yet to read Need, but I loved your review. Made me chuckle at the end. I can definitely see why you didn't like it and I would have to agree if the whole paranormal aspect of a book is there just to make it paranormal I would not like it either.

Have a great week.

Steph said...

You are a prolific reader. :) Have a great week!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Love the books you have listed here :) I thought Need would be so good - I will have to pop in and read your review.

Have a great week.... and uhhh.... yes, you did use the word hunky....LOL :D


web site traffic stats
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP