What are you reading Mondays?

Monday, September 14, 2009

This is a weekly Meme run by J. Kaye's Book Blog. Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week


I don't know what was wrong this week, but i kept flitting between books unable to find something i wanted to read. So there's quite a bit of unfinished books i hope i'll be able to get to this week. The ones i did finish, were really good.

Shadow Game -Christine Feehan - This is the first book in Feehan's GhostWalkers series - and it was highly entertaining. I must have been on a silly-high when i wrote this review, i had a lotta fun writing it. Please go read it.

Angels Pawn - Nalini Singh. This is sorta a prequel to Singh's Guild Hunter book Angel's Blood. Its a short read and expands on the world this series is set it - you definitely must give a look see. Its about Ashwini, another Guild Hunter, and the vampire she's always seems to be chasing and is attracted to - Janvier. You'll love Janvier, he oozes charm. No review.

The Smoke Thief - Shana AbĂ© - You're missing out if you haven't read this one. Thats all i'm going to say.

Didn't do much else this week. Filled in a real fun meme: My Life in Books. Finally got the looong awaited job offer from back home, so i can start packing my bags come October. Watched too much TV. Was generally my usual lazy self.

Planned reading for this week:
>> Blood and Chocolate - Annette Curtis Klause pg 23. I'm finding this annoying so far. Hopefully it gets better

>> Dime Store Magic - Kelley Armstrong pg 118. Paige isn't as annoying as i thought she would be.
>> Storm Born - Richelle Mead

Favourite line for the week:
"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." - George Burns
Since i'm going back to India soon, this seems appropriate enough to annoy Mom and Dad. OK OK. Was kidding. A lil bit :O)

11 comments:

Teddyree said...

Hope you have a great reading week, looking forward to your thoughts on Storm Born.
Richelle Mead is in Australia this week and I'm so excited we are going to see her, doing the whole groupy fan thing!

Jennifer said...

Fantastic list! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them before I add them to my TBR list. Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-are-you-reading-monday_14.html

Maree said...

Great list! Oh, you have Tigana on your sidebar. I LOVED Tigana!
Happy reading :)

Kristen said...

I hate that flitting from book to book without settling on anything feeling. But it looks like you did get some good reading in eventually.

Allison said...

I hate when I am not in the mood to read what I have.. hopefully you find something interesting, soon!

Tea said...

Enjoy your trip back home. I love Shana Abe. She writes good romances. Here is my link.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/09/hex-on-heels-by-linda-wisdom.html

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings said...

Great list! I'm only up to Bitten, have to get to it very soon.

Schatzi said...

I've been wanting to read Blood and Chocolate for a while; I hope it's not annoying the whole way through!

Mary said...

I LOVE your line of the week - and coming from a large family I can say it's a very wise adage :D
Have a great week!

K said...

Teddyree - I'm jealous. See, no one come to Singapore. And once I'm back home in India, its gonna be the same story. Have fun!!

Maree - Cool. I kept pushing Tigana down cause it had mixed reviews. Pushing it back up the list now

Jennifer - Hearing my thoughts…No no. Don’t remind me of the review still pending

Kristen, Allison - I seem to be back in reading mode now, so hopefully that virus has passed

Tea - Looking forward to going back home. And reading more of Shana Abe

Alaine - I've read Bitten twice now. STILL PENDING REVIEW. Need to catch up. Need to catch up. Sooooon

Schatzi - Gonna give Blood and Chocolate another go today. Lets see

Mary - LOL. I'm just going to very meekly agree with you and hope none of my family are reading the comments

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week

J. Kaye said...

BLOOD & CHOCOLATE - Oh no! Love that one. And as far as Nalini Singh, I'm just flat out jealous. There, I've said it. I've been wanting to get back to reading more by this author and can't right now. :(

I am clearing books out this year so I can be free next year to read more on a whim if that makes sense.


web site traffic stats
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP